Date(s) - 05/13/2019
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Ridgedale Library, Room 174
Is Developing Client Self-Awareness Your Job?
Presenter: Denslow Brown, MCC, CPO-CPO-CD (virtual, real-time presentation)
An overlooked benefit we can provide our clients is to use the organizing/productivity project to inspire and anchor greater client self-awareness. You’ll learn communication tools which do this: listening for and responding to openings, asking permission to ask bigger questions, requesting data collection through self-observation, co-creating experiments, and partnering to learn from each step and stage of the project.
Participants will learn how to:
· Consider the level of self-awareness a client might be open to;
· Invite clients into a curious self-awareness agreement as part of an organizing/productivity project;
· Listen for and encourage client articulation without making assumptions or rushing in with your own insights;
· Encourage clients to become the Curious Expert on their own preferences, perspectives, strengths, choices and behaviors;
· Follow-up on sessions, client ‘fieldwork,’ and earlier conversations to support and anchor deeper learning and self-awareness.
Denslow Brown opened her organizing business in 1974 and has been active in both NAPO and ICD (NSGCD) since their inceptions, volunteering in a multitude of leadership and training capacities over the years. She is a CPO, CPO-CD, and ICD Master Trainer. She is the recipient of NAPO’s President and Founders’ Awards. In the 1990s, she began researching adult ADD and started training as a coach. She has provided presentations related to both ADD and coaching for over 20 years at ICD, NAPO, JALO and CHADD conferences. She was credentialed as a Master Certified Coach by International Coach Federation in 2008. That same year she founded Coach Approach for Organizers with the specific goal of bringing coaching skills into the organizing and productivity fields. Her coach training program is accredited by ICF and supports 5 credentials for organizer coaching, productivity/leadership coaching, ADHD coaching and life coaching. She is most proud of Coaching Essentials, Coach Approach’s 8-week, stand-alone, telecourse on basic coaching competence.
Bookings are closed for this event.