The demand for professional organizer services and productivity consultant services is growing as more people understand how we can help them in their home or business. Many individuals have discovered that professional organizing or productivity consulting can be a satisfying career choice.
- Work with you in your home or your business, providing personalized services in such areas as decluttering, organizing the kitchen or closets, or sorting and filing papers.
- May specialize in areas including home office, business organizing, time management, medical paperwork, home staging and many others.
- May offer additional services such as consulting, speaking, or training. Some organizers are authors, inventors, or manufacturers of organizing products.
- May have a wealth of experience in complementary fields, such as psychology, social work, teaching, household management and interior design.
- Work with you in your home to define systems or procedures to help you get more done, or get it done more efficiently.
- work with you in your business to increase employee productivity, improve management planning, or increase business efficiency.
NAPO Minnesota Chapter
- The non-profit Minnesota Chapter of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals (also known as “NAPO Minnesota”) has been in existence since April 1994.
- Our chapter represents Minnesota, Iowa, North and South Dakota and northwestern Wisconsin.
- NAPO Minnesota provides support and information to those who are exploring or enjoying professional organizing and/or productivity consulting as a career.
- NAPO Minnesota offers a business partner membership for businesses that offer complimentary services or products.
- Chapter members agree to abide by a code of ethics that includes providing confidentiality to all clients.
- Our chapter is part of the national non-profit organization, NAPO, whose website is NAPO.net
NAPO has been a formal organization since 1985 and currently has close to 3,500 members throughout the U.S. and in 8 other countries.
The national organization and all of its chapters take pride in being recognized as The Organizing Authority.
As declared by NAPO, January is National “Get Organized Month(sm)” since “getting organized” is consistently one of the top five New Year’s resolutions.
NAPO’s prestigious Golden Circle™ was formed in 1990 to recognize members who have attained an elevated level of experience. Today, the Golden Circle designation acknowledges the expertise of members who have been members in good standing for five years or more.
Code of Ethics
The NAPO Code of Ethics is a set of principles that guides our professional conduct with our clients and colleagues. Members of NAPO pledge to exercise judgment, self-restraint, and conscience in their conduct in order to establish and maintain public confidence in the integrity of NAPO members and to preserve and encourage fair and equitable practices among all who are engaged in our profession.
- I will serve my clients with integrity, competence, and objectivity, and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- I will offer services in those areas in which I am qualified and will accurately represent those qualifications in both verbal and written communications.
- When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, I will make every effort to recommend the services of other qualified professional organizers, producitivity consultants and/or other qualfied professionals.
- I will advertise my services in an honest manner and will represent the organizing and productivity profession accurately.
- I will keep confidential all client information, both business and personal, including that which may be revealed by other professional organizers and productivity consultants.
- I will use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission.
- I will keep client information confidential and not use it to benefit myself or my firm, or reveal this information to others.
- I will decide independently and communicate to my client in advance my fees and expenses, and will charge fees and expenses which I deem reasonable, legitimate, and commensurate with my experience, the services I deliver, and the responsibility I accept.
- I will make recommendations for products and services with my client’s best interests in mind.
- I will seek and maintain an equitable, honorable, and cooperative association with other NAPO members and will treat them with respect and courtesy.
- I will respect the intellectual property rights (materials, titles, and thematic creations) of my colleagues, and other firms and individuals, and will not use proprietary information or methodologies without permission.
- I will act and speak on a high professional level so as not to bring discredit to the organizing and productivity profession.
Organize and Achieve
Want freedom and clarity? Start here by finding a local organizer who can help. Your journey is only a click away.
Become an Organizer
Do you love helping people de-clutter and achieve their personal and business goals? Join NAPO Minnesota and join the team!